Basil Essential oil
Basil essential oil (Ocimum basilicum) is clear liquid with light lemon to bright yellow-green color has naturally sweet, warm, spicy and herbal smell.
Basil is commonly used to improve the flavor of many recipes today. However, its uses extend far beyond the culinary world.
Basil essential oil reduces feelings of tension, stress and anxiety. It helps promote a sense of focus, relax and has slightly stimulating effect on the nervous system.
Basil Essential Oil is effective for stomach spasms, loss of appetite, fluid retention, head colds, colds, flu, fever and many respiratory problems as well.
It also has anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibiotic benefits.
Basil essential oil uses
· Add a couple drops of Basil essential oil to your massage oil or blend it with bath salts to soothe muscles and joints, to relax your mind and to provide an uplifting massage.
· Diffuse Basil oil to promote a sense of focus while studying,working or reading, to relieve yourself from fatigue. It will also support your good night sleep. Inhale the essential oil first and then apply to the crown of the head, forehead, chest, and navel or even on your feet for a relief.
· Mix 1 – 2 drops of Basil essential oil to your toothpaste or mouthwash for keeping teeth and gum clean and healthy and refresh your breath.
· Add a drop or two of Basil oil to your toner and apply with a cotton swab to problem areas when dealing with acne problems. You can also dilute it with carrier oil and apply on the skin to treat irritations, blemishes, clear bacteria and clog pores.
· Add a few drops of Basil essential oil to your linen spray and spritz over your beddings and curtains at night. This will repel mosquitoes and other pests from your bedroom.
· Dilute a few drops of Basil essential oil with a carrier oil. Apply and massage to sore or fatigued muscle and joints for relief.
· Basil essential oil has been shown to help with respiratory problems, including allergies when inhaling it.
· Add it to a spray bottle of water and use it to clean your counter, bathrooms, etc.
Basil Essential Oil blends very well with Cedarwood, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Ginger, Lemon, Orange, Rosemary, Grapefruit, Lime, Neroli and Sandalwood.