Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa Essential Oil (Melissa officinalis) also known as Lemon balm has a wonderfully fresh, citrus character. It’s a delightful aroma that many people find pleasant.
Melissa is commonly found in cosmetic creams, lotions and personal care products because of its skin-benefitting properties.
Melissa essential oil is often used to reduce tense feelings, depression, promote relaxation, and calm feelings of nervousness. It helps with indigestion, sleep disorders and insomnia, fungal and skin infections, nausea and flatulence.
Melissa Essential Oil Uses
· Add 5 drops of Melissa Essential Oil to diffuser to support memory and cognitive health on your working space at office or home. It also encourages your night sleep.
· Adding a few drops on your palms or on a tissue and inhaling it has calming effect on your nerves and anxiety.
· Add Melissa oil to your daily moisturizing face cream or to a spray bottle with water and apply on your face. The oil brightens and evens skin tone, helping the skin look clean and healthy, as well as reduce the appearances of blemishes and treat skin conditions like eczema.
· To treat cold sores and herpes, apply two to three diluted drops of Melissa Essential Oil topically to the area of outbreak.
· Add a couple of drops to your body lotion and apply to skin in the evening for added moisture to the skin and for a calming aroma.
· Rub a few drops of Melissa oil to your forehead, chest and shoulders to reduce feelings of stress, depression, headaches and migraine.
· In case of stomach issues, dilute 1-2 drops in a carrier oil and massage the abdomen area. It helps healing the wounds, scratches or ulcers in the stomach and protects the stomach from infections and indigestion.
Combinationsal Oil blends well with citrus oils as well as Basil, Geranium, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Lemon, Neroli, Rose etc.